After an injury to champion Jon Jones derailed his planned title defense against Stipe Miocic at the UFC's 30th anniversary show on Nov. 11 at Madison Square Garden in New York, the promotion changed course and booked Pavlovich (18-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) vs. Aspinall (13-3 MMA, 6-1 UFC) for the interim belt.
Although Pavlovich is riding the superior wave of momentum with a six-fight knockout streak inside the octagon, oddsmakers gave Aspinall the edge when setting the opening line for the contest.
According to DraftKings, Aspinall is the -130 favorite (meaning a $130 bet is needed to yield a $100 return), while Pavlovich sits as the +110 underdog (meaning a $100 bet would return $130) for the upcoming fight, which serves as the co-main event of the card.
Check out the latest fight card for UFC 295 below:
- Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka – for vacant light heavyweight title
- Sergei Pavlovich vs. Tom Aspinall – for interim heavyweight title
- Jessica Andrade vs. Mackenzie Dern
- Diego Lopes vs. Pat Sabatini
- Matt Frevola vs. Benoit Saint Denis
- Kevin Borjas vs. Joshua Van
- Stephen Erceg vs. Matt Schnell
- Loopy Godinez vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Jared Gordon vs. Mark Madsen
- Nurullo Aliev vs. Mateusz Rebecki
- Viacheslav Borshchev vs. Nazim Sadykhov
- Dennis Buzukja vs. Jamall Emmers
- John Castaneda vs. Kyung Ho Kang
For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie's event hub for UFC 295.