The upcoming UFC Fight Night event on February 18 has lost a scheduled matchup.
A neck injury has forced Ramiz Brahimaj out of his welterweight bout against Carlston Harris at UFC Fight Night 219, which takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. MMA Junkie confirmed details of Brahimaj’s injury with a source following a social media post from Brahimaj announcing the cancelation of the bout.
It is unclear how long Brahimaj (10-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC) will be sidelined with the neck injury he described as “severe,” but he is unable to compete on Feb. 18.
Brahimaj was set to fight for the first time since last year. In February 2022, he submitted Michael Gillmore in the first round at UFC Fight Night 202. Brahimaj also holds a first-round stoppage over Sasha Palatnikov, which came in August 2021.
According to Harris (17-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC), the promotion looked for a replacement opponent, but nothing materialized. As a result, he will be removed from the event. Harris’ last appearance was also last February, a knockout loss to Shavkat Rakhmonov at UFC Fight Night 200. Prior to that setback, he picked up stoppages over Impa Kasanganay and Christian Aguilera.
With the removal, the UFC Fight Night 219 lineup includes:
- Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Taila Santos
- Philipe Lins vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Zac Pauga vs. Jordan Wright
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jim Miller
- William Knight vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Evan Elder vs. Nazim Sadykhov
- Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Joe Solecki
- Clayton Carpenter vs. Juancamilo Ronderos
- Abus Magomedov vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Lina Lansberg
- A.J. Fletcher vs. Themba Takura Gorimbo
- Josh Parisian vs. Jamal Pogues