Zapping World Eleven EXCLUDED: Youssouf Fofana’s “Little brother” interview!
Party for almost three years now of the presidency of FC Barcelona, the shadow of Josep Maria Bartomeu still hangs over the Camp Nou. The former Blaugrana president is accused of many ills in Catalonia, including having thrown the culé club into an unprecedented economic crisis. However, a new case could well resurface.
Barça would have paid the vice-president of arbitration!
Indeed, the SER padlock reveals that the vice-champion of Spain would have paid 1.4 million euros the vice-president of arbitration in Spain José María Enríquez Negreira between 2016 and 2018 so that he carries out an investigation in order to assess the neutrality of the referees but above all that they do not take a decision against the Catalans.
The former presidency, for its part, affirms in the program Ser Catalunya Què t’hi jugues that there would be nothing problematic and that these payments would have been made in 2003, when Joan Laporta was honoring his first mandate. What prompted Barça to react in a press release:
“Given the information released today in the program Ser Catalunya Què t’hi jugues , FC Barcelona, aware of the facts investigated by the Public Prosecutor’s Office regarding payments made to external companies, would like to clarify:
- That FC Barcelona has in the past used the services of an external technical consultant, who has provided, in video form, technical reports referring to lower category players in Spain for the technical secretariat of the Club.
- In addition, the relationship with the external service provider itself was extended by technical reports linked to professional arbitration in order to supplement the information required by the technical staff of the first team and the subsidiary, a common practice in professional football clubs.
- Currently, this type of outsourced service is the responsibility of a professional assigned to the Espace Football.
- FC Barcelona regrets that this information appears precisely at the best sporting moment of this season.
- FC Barcelona will take legal action against anyone who damages the image of the Club with possible insinuations against the reputation of the entity that may arise from this information.”
To sum up
FC Barcelona could be the subject of a new scandal dating from the Josep Maria Bartomeu era. Indeed, the vice-champion of Spain would have paid for three years the vice-president of arbitration to carry out investigations.
L’article a new big scandal to come dating from the Bartomeu era? est apparu en premier sur 24hfootnews.